All travelers to Indonesia must be in possession of a Passport that is valid for at least six (6) months from the date of arrival, and have proof (tickets) of onward or return passage.
As of March 2016, Indonesia now issues special Short-Stay Visa-Free facilities to nationalities of up to 169 countries. The visa-free exemption facility is valid for 30 days; strictly non-extendable, non-transferable and non-convertible into other types of stay permits. It can be used for tourism, family and social visits, government duties, speech deliveries, international exhibition and/or seminar attendances, art and cultural visits, meetings with head office or representation in Indonesia, or transit. The list of countries granted with Visa-Free facilities when entering Bintan Island are as follows:
List of countries granted with visa-free facilities on Bintan Island:
|SEE LIST OF COUNTRIES >|
|China||Commonwealth of Dominica||Comoros||Costa Rica|
|Honduras||Hong Kong (SAR)||Hungary||Iceland|
|Palau||Palestine||Panama||Papua New Guinea|
|Sao Tome and Principe||Saudi Arabia||Senegal||Serbia|
|Solomon Islands||South Africa||South Korea||Spain|
|Sri Lanka||St. Kitts and Nevis||St. Lucia||St. Vincent and Grenadines|
|Timor-Leste||Togo||Tonga||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Uganda||Ukraine||United Arab Emirates||United Kingdom*|
Free-entry visas are provided to delegates who are registered in a conference that is officially convened. The maximum stay permitted in Indonesia is two months.
The Visa-Free-Facility does not include travel for journalistic purposes which still needs visas.
*For Citizens of United Kingdom, Visit Visa & Visa on Arrival is exempted for Foreigner identified as British Citizens with Travel Document.
Nationals from the following countries are eligible to apply for Visa-on-Arrival (Valid for a 30-day period, and extendable for another 30 days) or Visit Visa into Indonesia.
The length of stay in relation to the VOA charges is as follows:
- US$ 15 per person up to a period of 7 (seven) days
- US$ 35 per person for stays more than 7 (seven) days, up to a maximum period of 30 (thirty) days.
The visa is not extendable and cannot be used for employment purposes.
Visitors are required to have at hand the following documents for VOA application:
- Passport with minimum six months’ validity
- Arrival/departure card
- Return or onward journey ticket.
Visitors are advised to bring with them the exact amount in US Dollars for payment of VOA fees before boarding the ferry for Bintan Resorts; this will minimise inconvenience and ensure a smooth VOA application process. Visitors are advised not to remove the VOA sticker that would be pasted in their passports. Emergency passport holders are not entitled to Visa-on-Arrival.
Visa Free Transit Facility
Nationals of India and the PRC who are transiting to or from Bintan may be eligible for 96 hours visa free transit facility (VFTF) with the following requirements:
- A valid onward air/ferry/cruise ticket departing Singapore within 96 hours; and
- A valid visa*/long-term pass (with a validity of at least 1 month from the date of entry into Singapore under the VFTF) issued by any of the following countries:
|Australia||Germany^||New Zealand||United Kingdom|
|Canada||Japan||Switzerland^||United States of America|
^ Applies to Visas issued by Germany or Switzerland, or Schengen visas that are good for entry to Germany or Switzerland.
* A visa is considered valid so long as it is good for entry into one of the eight countries listed above. Travellers with Single Journey Visas (SJV) may still be granted VFTF on the return leg of their journey (i.e. after the SJV is used and no longer valid), but visitors must:
- Travel directly from the country that issued the SJV, en route through Singapore, back to home country
- Not have returned to home country since last use of SJV
For more information, please click here.